Question Installed new RAM and GPU isn't outputting video

xoriginz

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012
So as the title suggests I've recently installed some RAM into a friend's PC, it's an old thing and the specs are as follows.

MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)

FX 4100

1050ti

Corsair HX 750 (very overkill I know, slowly throwing some parts in this case and got the PSU so cheap we couldn't say no)

Previous ram was some cheap and nasty "Adata" single stick 1600mhz 8GB DDR3

Now I looked up the motherboards specs and saw it had a max of 1333MHZ to which I thought well surely my 16GB Corsair vengeance Pro 1600MHz DDR3 will too. NOPE, after trying them I now can't get the PC to display from the GPU in either those ram sticks or the old one. I've tried changing the timings in bios to 9-9-9-24, it boots and everything else seems to work fine, sees there is 16gb ram and runs it at 1333MHz. So I'm just not sure what's happening to my GPU during all of this?

Any help would be appreciated, it's not a huge deal, he's buying a new DDR4 Motherboard and CPU soon so all issues should be solved but it's bugging me personally, what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance guys

xoriginz

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2012
So as the title suggests I've recently installed some RAM into a friend's PC, it's an old thing and the specs are as follows.

MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)

FX 4100

1050ti

Corsair HX 750 (very overkill I know, slowly throwing some parts in this case and got the PSU so cheap we couldn't say no)

Previous ram was some cheap and nasty "Adata" single stick 1600mhz 8GB DDR3

Now I looked up the motherboards specs and saw it had a max of 1333MHZ to which I thought well surely my 16GB Corsair vengeance Pro 1600MHz DDR3 will too. NOPE, after trying them I now can't get the PC to display from the GPU in either those ram sticks or the old one. I've tried changing the timings in bios to 9-9-9-24, it boots and everything else seems to work fine, sees there is 16gb ram and runs it at 1333MHz. So I'm just not sure what's happening to my GPU during all of this?

Any help would be appreciated, it's not a huge deal, he's buying a new DDR4 Motherboard and CPU soon so all issues should be solved but it's bugging me personally, what am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance guys

EDIT: I should also mention I'm able to see it boot fine and enter bios by plugging directly into my motherboards video output