Installed new RAM and just freeze on boot screen

exalted24

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
I bought a two new Corsiar Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 1.50V 9-9-9-24 and installed in my motherboard MSI h55M-E23(MS-7636).

When I open my pc, It just freeze on boot screen and it won't go. My RAM had just two slots. My old ram is just 2GB. Thanks.

exalted24

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
Yeah I'm sure I insert it right. I also tried a inserting single stick, it finish the boot but the blue screen popped when Windows is loading. My current OS is windows 7 64 bit

Balistik

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
Any news about this problem ?
I have exactly the same issue with the same motherboard (MSI H55M-E23).
I had previously 2 x 2Gb DDR3 1333Mhz Kingston 1.50V, i tried to replace it with 2 x 4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz Kingston 1.50V.
When I try to boot with a single stick the blue screen popped when Windows is loading.
When I try to boot with two stick I'm stuck at the same step as exalted24 shown on his screenshot.

This problem happen even after multiple clear CMOS ...

andrewculda

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
I am having the same issue here.
I've been using H55M-E23 with 2 x DDR3 PC3-10700 Nanya cards, 2 GB each.
Yesterday I decided to upgrade - bought 2x KINGSTON KVR16N11S8/4, 4GB DDR3, 1600MHz, CL11.
When I insert both in the system, it freezes at the first screen (when displaying Mobo logo). When I try to only use one module, the system passes the first phase, but gets a BSOD at OS startup with error BAD_POOL_HEADER.

I've tried pretty much most of what I've read around here:
- not mixed old and new modules or of different types.
- removed any peripherals
- cleared CMOS
- BIOS load optimized defaults / BIOS load fail-safe defaults
- updated BIOS to latest version

Please, any advice left for this? I wouldn't want to have to buy a new motherboard as well, right now...
Thanks!

PMajhen

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
I'm having the same issue here and is describer also here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/735065-MSI-H55M-E21-RAM-Question
Using the same motherboard too. MSI H66M-E23 (MS-7636)
Also I started off with 2x Kingston 2GB sticks (KVR13N9S6/2) which worked alright.
Then I decided to upgrade and I just bought two 4GB sticks that should be compatible (I didn't check this list :https://eu.msi.com/file/test_report/TR10_2157.pdf but I wish I did.)

So I bought 2x Hyperx (Kingston) 4GB sticks (HX313C9FB/4) same as regular Kingston version just equipped with a fancy cooler, which I'm sure doesn't play a role here.

And same issue. I put in one and system goes to Windows boot, starting Windows and the system stops, turns off for a second and restarts like nothing happened. If I put in 2 (both) sticks system stops at the MSI logo, basically at the same place as in exalted24's screenshot.

I tried downclocking memory frequency and nothing changed, I even had to remove the battery because system didn't start anymore.
I have no clue what's wrong. It should be working as the RAM frequency is within specs, capacity too, voltage. So I'm kinda pissed off.

Have fun and buy new gear altogether. It's about time. :D