[SOLVED] Installed new RAM and was greeted with a concoction of BSoD's and errors.

wildjake4

Honorable
Oct 23, 2017
I'm unsure if this RAM is faulty, or if my installation was incorrect, but upon installing another 16gb of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro sticks, my PC booted in safe mode, and then would BSOD every single time I booted, weirdly enough each time I was greeted with different error messages including the following:

0xc0000098
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

As you can imagine my heart stopped for a good 3 minutes. Thankfully once removing the RAM my computer booted up perfectly fine.
I have suspicions it could have something to do with my windows installation as well, as I've had plenty of driver issues which have caused me a heap of issues. It also could have potentially been linked to an issue I've been experiencing with my corsair drivers. I've had this reoccurring issue where my lighting glitches out, and sometimes if I have the lighting turned off, it'll randomly turn on one fan LED to a green colour and just flicker from green to white. I also have issues changing from one colour as sometimes a certain component won't change and will stick to the prior colour. Now I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the iCUE software or possibly drivers (which could be also influencing my RAM issue).

Apologies if there was too much unneccessary information in this post, I just wish to be as punctual as I can to ensure you guys have all the information I can give.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Motherboard User Manual:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_Z390-A/E15017_PRIME_Z390-A_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

Do verify that I found the applicable manual.

Page ix lists the supported memory. However, note the reference to the QVL. You should check that as well,

Likewise note the * entries.

Pages 1-5 and 1-6 present supported memory configurations.

Focus on determining or eliminating RAM as the problem.

Then work through the entire Motherboard User Manual to double check everything else.

Pay close attention to fine print, warnings, and other such notes.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Be sure to provide full RAM specs.

Key is to understand what RAM and RAM configurations are supported by the motherboard.

Check both the Motherboard's User Guide/Manual and the motherboard's manufacturer's website for more current and up-to-date information.

Likely that there is some mismatch between installed RAM, new RAM, etc..

Details matter!

wildjake4

Honorable
Oct 23, 2017
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Be sure to provide full RAM specs.

Key is to understand what RAM and RAM configurations are supported by the motherboard.

Check both the Motherboard's User Guide/Manual and the motherboard's manufacturer's website for more current and up-to-date information.

Likely that there is some mismatch between installed RAM, new RAM, etc..

Details matter!

No problem, here's my current build:
  • RTX 2080 Ti
  • i9 9900k
  • Asus Prime Z390-A
  • 16gb of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro at 3200mhz
  • Corsair RM 850x power supply
  • H100i RGB Platinum SE CPU cooler
  • 3 LL120 RGB Fans
  • Running windows 21H1

If you're after any more information I'll be happy to help out!

Ralston18

Titan
Motherboard User Manual:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/PRIME_Z390-A/E15017_PRIME_Z390-A_UM_V2_WEB.pdf

Do verify that I found the applicable manual.

Page ix lists the supported memory. However, note the reference to the QVL. You should check that as well,

Likewise note the * entries.

Pages 1-5 and 1-6 present supported memory configurations.

Focus on determining or eliminating RAM as the problem.

Then work through the entire Motherboard User Manual to double check everything else.

Pay close attention to fine print, warnings, and other such notes.

Solution