[SOLVED] Installed new RAM, now monitors aren't receiving signal.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

binarycoder1010

Commendable
Aug 31, 2018
Hi all, not sure if this belongs in the GPU or Memory section so I thought I'd ask here.
I just installed new memory on my Prime Z370-A mobo. The new RAM I got was the Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 DDR4. Now none of my monitors are recognizing my PC.

Here's what I've done:
Tried different slots with new RAM.
Tried Old ram combined with new ram.
Tried old ram.
Tried old ram in different slots.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Is he on AMD or Intel. Try one RAM stick at a time if you get 16GB on each in dual channel then your RAM is fine. Something fishy is going on and I think a BIOS firmware update or updates will really help in your situation. Don't make it to complicated. You had 2133Mhz RAM 16GB Kit and now with a 32GB kit you can only recognize one of the slots with it in. I think you have two options. Forget X.M.P because it doesn't work half the time. Go and change the voltage on the RAM Kit in voltage settings in BIOS. First see what the stock voltage of the Vengeance kit is then increase it so if its 1.35v increase it to 1.4v and save exit and see if it recognizes all 32GB in dual channel of course. If you put RAM side by side you run risk of running in single channel and that can hinder performance. After you set the voltage go to memory timings and input in what the stock timings are for each channel or each RAM stick. Then save and exit BIOS and see if your rig sees all 32GB also you must change the speed manually I forgot to say to 3200Mhz. Good Luck and let me know. :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.