Aug 31, 2014
Hello everyone!

Here is my setup

AMD Ryzen 5 1400
AMD RX 570
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Toshiba P300 2TB

The motherboard is ASRock AB350M.

I am swapping out 16GB of Corsair RAM for 32 GB Teamgroup Vulcan Z 3200.

Ever since I put the RAM sticks in I noticed the temps for CPU run kind of high. Past 80C+

Things were running smooth before. Plus, it seems I can only get the RAM to run at 2400 and when I install the XMP profile or manually change it to 3200 MHz the computer will power on but not boot up. I have to reset it multiple times. I've taken out the CMOS battery and put it back in. I reseated the RAM. Right now I'm resetting my machine multiple times just waiting for it to fix itself and boot up properly again. Until that happens I can't get into BIOS.

Any advice?

Your Summit ridge Ryzen 5 1400 is officially rated to support 2666MHz RAM and your MB supports up to 3200MHz.
Your OC RAM at 3200MHz is beyond the JDEC standard so no guarantee they will work at that frequency.

You will have to manually enter the SPD timings and Voltage however it will come down to the strength of the IMC on the chip as to what you can achieve.

As there are no 32GB combinations listed on the MB QVL therefore your RAM have not been tested.
Your choice of RAM should not affect the temperature of your CPU to any considerable degree.

Please list the exact RAM models of all RAM involved (old and new), what RAM slots you had/have the sticks in, and what frequencies you were/are running at. There could be a slight increase in CPU temp depending on your config due to higher memory controller usage.

What were your CPU temps prior to upgrading the RAM? Have you changed your usage (got a new game)? Where are you located and what's your ambient temp?

chrisfoose

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2014
Please list the exact RAM models of all RAM involved (old and new), what RAM slots you had/have the sticks in, and what frequencies you were/are running at. There could be a slight increase in CPU temp depending on your config due to higher memory controller usage.

What were your CPU temps prior to upgrading the RAM? Have you changed your usage (got a new game)? Where are you located and what's your ambient temp?

Old RAM:
Corsair CMK8GX4M1A2666C16 Vengeance LPX 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4-21300) C16 Memory Kit - Black
(Two of these)

New RAM:
TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) 3200MHz (PC4 25600) CL16 Desktop Memory Module Ram - Red - TLZRD432G3200HC16CDC01

Before installation of the new RAM I was running my CPU at 3.65 GHz at 1.35v stable. Now I can't increase the voltage or else the CPU will reach 100 C and clock down to 2.8 GHz.

Now temps are bad if I overclock, it will get to 100C+ during a burn test and either shut down or stop the program. Right now only Auto settings will work.

I am strongly considering getting a CPU cooler from Amazon. I'm just going to do a bit of research to consider this.

SkyRock1986

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Hello everyone!

Here is my setup

AMD Ryzen 5 1400
AMD RX 570
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Toshiba P300 2TB

The motherboard is ASRock AB350M.

I am swapping out 16GB of Corsair RAM for 32 GB Teamgroup Vulcan Z 3200.

Ever since I put the RAM sticks in I noticed the temps for CPU run kind of high. Past 80C+

Things were running smooth before. Plus, it seems I can only get the RAM to run at 2400 and when I install the XMP profile or manually change it to 3200 MHz the computer will power on but not boot up. I have to reset it multiple times. I've taken out the CMOS battery and put it back in. I reseated the RAM. Right now I'm resetting my machine multiple times just waiting for it to fix itself and boot up properly again. Until that happens I can't get into BIOS.

Any advice?
Check ram compatibility with that board?

chrisfoose

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2014
I installed a Cooler Master 212.

I have a nice overclock to 3.7 GHz with low temps. Games load and run smoothly. I mainly play Escape from Tarkov and GTFO. GTFO runs at 80+ FPS.

I'm happy.