[SOLVED] Installed new RAM, now there's no audio ?

Feb 10, 2022
I just replaced my 8gb of ddr4 memory with two 8gb sticks of ddr4 memory. Once booting after the install I checked task manager and the 16 gb were recognized but now my audio in any form won’t work. Bluetooth, Headphone Jack, Audio Card, and different pairs of headphones won’t work.

I put my old RAM back in to test if that was the issue and the audio would still not work anymore.
I reinstalled the drivers for my headphones as well to no avail.

The strange part is that when I plug in my headphones in my PC recognizes they are there and lists them as a option for audio but nothing plays. This goes for all the other pairs of headphones too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

1) Double check that all connectors/plugs, and cards are fully and firmly in place.

Possible that something just came loose during the RAM replacement.

2) Right - click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner. A five item "menu" should open.

Each menu choice leads to quite a number of windows, tabs, and audio related properties. Explore first to determine if everything is set or configured as expected.

If not, then correct or reconfigure. Change only one thing at a time and keep notes so you can undo some change if necessary.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

1) Double check that all connectors/plugs, and cards are fully and firmly in place.

Possible that something just came loose during the RAM replacement.

2) Right - click the small speaker icon usually located in the lower right screen corner. A five item "menu" should open.

Each menu choice leads to quite a number of windows, tabs, and audio related properties. Explore first to determine if everything is set or configured as expected.

If not, then correct or reconfigure. Change only one thing at a time and keep notes so you can undo some change if necessary.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS