Dec 31, 2020
On Christmas I received a 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600mhz RGB Ram, swapped out some HyperX Fury 2933mhz 16GB ram.

The ram kept crashing my computer and freezing up whilst playing games such as GTA V, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, and even small games such as Minecraft.
- I knew that wasn't a good sign but this is my first PC so I thought my PC had to get adjusted to it (Which surprisingly it did) By this time it's 1:45 PM still crashing and freezing, go in the computer, take out the new ram, put back in the old one, and no display ever again.

What I tried:
Putting back in the Trident Z ram again
Putting the ram in different slots
Cleaning the ram with an eraser and air
Blowing on the slots
Reseating the GPU
Booting with 1 Stick
Booting with no sticks (gave error code)
Resetting the CMOS (gave error code but after power drain it was fine)
Booting with only the display port and power cord
Countless other things

- Do you think the motherboard is fried? (When I had put back the RGB Ram there was RGB)

--

Please help. I need this for school and it starts on January 4th

On Christmas I received a 32GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600mhz RGB Ram, swapped out some HyperX Fury 2933mhz 16GB ram.

The ram kept crashing my computer and freezing up whilst playing games such as GTA V, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, and even small games such as Minecraft.
- I knew that wasn't a good sign but this is my first PC so I thought my PC had to get adjusted to it (Which surprisingly it did) By this time it's 1:45 PM still crashing and freezing, go in the computer, take out the new ram, put back in the old one, and no display ever again.

What I tried:
Putting back in the Trident Z ram again
Putting the ram in different slots
Cleaning the ram with an eraser and air
Blowing on the slots
Reseating the GPU
Booting with 1 Stick
Booting with no sticks (gave error code)
Resetting the CMOS (gave error code but after power drain it was fine)
Booting with only the display port and power cord
Countless other things

- Do you think the motherboard is fried? (When I had put back the RGB Ram there was RGB)

--

Please help. I need this for school and it starts on January 4th
You didn't say what system you upgraded RAM in.

Reactions: ryu-

Latest posts