Question installed new sata cable and started getting BSOD. Removed the cable but constantly getting bsod

Apr 14, 2019
I installed a new sata cable (monoprice) and started getting BSOD. then to troubleshoot, i removed the cable but still constantly getting bsod. I cant get into anything as it fails a second after startup. Did the cable mable cause issues? I tried different sata port on the board and no luck. It does a bsod when i even try to go into recovery options or safe mode. Tried to run chkdsk too but it freezes and bsod.

Thank,
Josh

Ralston18

Titan
In agreement with @Obakasama.

New cable may be defective - some intermittent loss of connectivity within one of the plug ends.

Will add the suggestion that you double check that all cables and connections are fully and firmly in place. Perhaps you inadvertently knocked another cable or component loose while doing the original cable swap.

Apr 14, 2019
No error code actually. i would have googled it if it had it. The cable was to replace an old sata cable that had cracked at the connector. It definitely is a bad cable but maybe it left a lingering issue behind even though i removed it from the system? I did check to make sure all cables are good, I also tried moving the cables to a different sata port that I wasnt using just to check if the ports broke and no luck. Maybe the boot drive is now broken? Could a defective cable really cause that?

Intel core i7 6700k
8GB RAM
Boot drive is a PNY SSD 500GB
Second drive is a WDC 1GB HDD
Third drive is a OCZ 250GB SSD
nvidia geforce gtx 1080
I forgot the motherboard but i can check when i get home.