[SOLVED] Installed new ssd (intel 660p) and now audio card does not work.

Bears133

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
I was using the EVGA Nu audio card yesterday just fine and now today it doesn't work at all. Only thing that changed was that I installed a new ssd (intel 660p) that is completely empty. My Nu Audio stuff is intalled on my C drive which I did not touch at all... After installing the new ssd and booting my system I get a message that says, "EVGA Nu audio driver failed to install correctly. Please reboot your computer and run the installer again."

I never changed anything... Didn't try installing new drivers or anything. So now I uninstall everything and try to reinstall the drivers and I keep getting the same message over and over... I get to this part:

View: https://imgur.com/P6EATZQ

click yes and then shorty after I get this message again:

View: https://imgur.com/7ZMYeOb

What am I doing wrong here? I never had this issue when I first got the product... What does it meant to disconnect and reconnect the device? Restart the computer? I dont understand that step.. I checked my motherboard user manual and the PCIEx16_3 slot where my audio card is installed shares bandwidth with the SATA6G_56. I am installing drivers on my main drive which is a nvme M.2 ssd.

Solution
The M2 drive may be sharing some PCIE lanes with EVGA Nu audio card , You may need to put the sound card in a different slot. Check your manual!

Bears133

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
The M2 drive may be sharing some PCIE lanes with EVGA Nu audio card , You may need to put the sound card in a different slot. Check your manual!

Ya it looks like this was the issue. i moved the card to an X1 slot and now everything works fine. weird thing is my manual doesn't say anything about the X16_3 slot (where my audio card was) sharing pcie lanes. the only thing it mentions is that the PCIEx16_3 slot shares bandwidth with the SATA6G_56. only i wasn't using the SATA ssd. all drivers where installed on my m.2 nvme ssd... no idea why this fixed it. ASUS must have left out some pcie lane sharing info from the manual. I have the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390E GAMING mobo.