Question Installed new Watercooler, 9900k died?

qualtry

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
I recently bought a NZXT Kraken x72. Installing the watercooler was no hassle as I have installed quite a few watercoolers before. However, after installing the cooler, my pc would power up but won't even post - no signal is going to the monitors. The EZ Debug LED is telling me that the board isn't picking up my CPU.

At first I thought the board was bad, so I bought a new one. When installing the second motherboard, same thing - it is not detecting the cpu.

My question is, would I be able to RMA the cpu? It is just over 1 month old, and there is no physical damage to the cpu whatsoever. I never tried to overclock before, as I wanted to wait for a better cooling solution, so the Temps never went over 70C. I'll post my specs down below:

I9 9900k
ROG STRIX RTX 2060
16GB Ballistic Tactical DDR4 @ 3000MHZ
Old Motherboard: MSI Z390 A-PRO
New Motherboard: Gigabyte Aurus Z390 Pro Wifi
Old Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 LED
New Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72
PSU: Corsair XCM 850w

Lutfij

Titan
See if a few anti-clockwise turns on the mounting screws for the block enable you to power up...? Some people tighten the screws too much and then post threads like yours.

You might want to bring Intel and your seller into the fold about this matter with documented evidence that you didn't kill the CPU, in order to initiate an RMA.