Installed RAM, now drivers for mice won't install

Nov 11, 2018
So up until this morning I've only had 4 GBs of RAM to work with and I finally decided to install more that my friend had given me. Put it in (was only 2 GBs) and as I tried logging in everything seemed fine except for my mouse. My keyboard, my wireless adapter, another miscellaneous USB cable, and even my old wireless mouse worked just fine. I just couldn't get my mouse to work. At first I thought it was becoming defective because the drivers where nowhere to be found, nor were they able to be installed from troubleshooting solutions. But I plugged that same mouse into my dad's computer and it worked. So then I took his mouse and I still had the same problem. I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe I wasn't careful enough when I was installing the RAM (I didn't have the anti-static wristband so I had to make sure that I was grounded, though I might not have done so well a job on that) or maybe I stored it somewhere inadequate before installing.

Nov 11, 2018

1. I tried that, it didn't work. Gave me the same notification about not being able to install the drivers.
2. It does, but under the "Unspecified" category. It recognizes it as "USB Optical Mouse," but it doesn't actually classify it as a mouse.
3. It's detected on the Device Manager, but the optical sensor only lights up when I boot up the computer. Once it fully starts up, the sensor doesn't light up again as I log onto the computer.

Nov 11, 2018

I tried the latter half of what you suggested but I'm not sure how to check for chipsets and BIOS from the vendor. Nevertheless, it didn't work. I was, however, able to move the cursor for a few seconds before it went back to not working.