Question Installed RTX 3090 Ti, was working fine, now it won’t post.

Oct 2, 2022
Alright,
so I bought an RTX 3090 Ti along with a 1000W EVGA PSU and installed them both a couple of days ago. At first I was playing games like normal for a day or so and everything was fine. (I updated my drivers for everything after installing the new card btw) a day later when my PC started shutting off by itself I realized my CPU had been overheating because I made the rookie mistake of not replacing thermal paste after removing my heat sync for a second. After the PC shut off from the CPU overheating it stopped posting. Now after replacing the thermal paste on my CPU, my PC still won’t post. I tried resetting CMOS to see if that fixed my issue. I even tried taking out my GPU running a monitor off of the MOBO Display port to get into Bios to see if maybe a setting had changed but it still won’t post.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I am not the best with this stuff and still learning.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Alright,
so I bought an RTX 3090 Ti along with a 1000W EVGA PSU and installed them both a couple of days ago. At first I was playing games like normal for a day or so and everything was fine. (I updated my drivers for everything after installing the new card btw) a day later when my PC started shutting off by itself I realized my CPU had been overheating because I made the rookie mistake of not replacing thermal paste after removing my heat sync for a second. After the PC shut off from the CPU overheating it stopped posting. Now after replacing the thermal paste on my CPU, my PC still won’t post. I tried resetting CMOS to see if that fixed my issue. I even tried taking out my GPU running a monitor off of the MOBO Display port to get into Bios to see if maybe a setting had changed but it still won’t post.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I am not the best with this stuff and still learning.

Exactly what GPU & PSU combination is what you need to be looking at, I got an inclination that might be the origin of your issues with your new hardware.

It's very possible that that PSU might be intended for a mid range pc and your trying to run a high end GPU on there, I might be wrong but we will only be able to rule that out aswell if you tell us the exact models of your products your trying to run together.

TRENDING THREADS