Question Installed RTX 3090 Ti, was working fine, now it won’t post.

Oct 2, 2022
Alright,
so I bought an RTX 3090 Ti along with a 1000W EVGA PSU and installed them both a couple of days ago. At first I was playing games like normal for a day or so and everything was fine. (I updated my drivers for everything after installing the new card btw) a day later when my PC started shutting off by itself I realized my CPU had been overheating because I made the rookie mistake of not replacing thermal paste after removing my heat sync for a second. After the PC shut off from the CPU overheating it stopped posting. Now after replacing the thermal paste on my CPU, my PC still won’t post. I tried resetting CMOS to see if that fixed my issue. I even tried taking out my GPU running a monitor off of the MOBO Display port to get into Bios to see if maybe a setting had changed but it still won’t post.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I am not the best with this stuff and still learning.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Alright,
so I bought an RTX 3090 Ti along with a 1000W EVGA PSU and installed them both a couple of days ago. At first I was playing games like normal for a day or so and everything was fine. (I updated my drivers for everything after installing the new card btw) a day later when my PC started shutting off by itself I realized my CPU had been overheating because I made the rookie mistake of not replacing thermal paste after removing my heat sync for a second. After the PC shut off from the CPU overheating it stopped posting. Now after replacing the thermal paste on my CPU, my PC still won’t post. I tried resetting CMOS to see if that fixed my issue. I even tried taking out my GPU running a monitor off of the MOBO Display port to get into Bios to see if maybe a setting had changed but it still won’t post.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since I am not the best with this stuff and still learning.

Exactly what GPU & PSU combination is what you need to be looking at, I got an inclination that might be the origin of your issues with your new hardware.

It's very possible that that PSU might be intended for a mid range pc and your trying to run a high end GPU on there, I might be wrong but we will only be able to rule that out aswell if you tell us the exact models of your products your trying to run together.