Installed Windows 10 on new SSD, removed old HDD, still tries to login to old profile.

vBlaine

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
Hi,

My HDD which had Windows 7 was upgraded to Windows 10. It got corrupted or something and wouldn't but and I couldn't troubleshoot it, wouldn't reformat.

Anyway, I took this opportunity to upgrade to an SSD. I got a 500GB and a new copy of Windows 10 and installed it and everything was fine. Now the old HDD that was corrupt has since been unplugged from the motherboard although it's still in the case.

However, when I restart my computer it still tries to login to my old profile from the old HDD that's not even plugged in anymore. I also think it's causing my SSD, which is the main drive, to crash every once in a while. I should also note that there is a 1TB drive hooked up as well for storage, backup, etc.

Any ideas on how to remove the old profile, which, IMO, shouldn't even be there anymore?

Thanks for your ideas.

vBlaine

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
Reinstalled Windows 10 which fixed the multiple profile issue. However, it was still crashing. This link (hopefully) is the solution to the crashing. Will wait to see if crashing continues.

http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-enable-ahci-in-windows-8-after-installation/

TRENDING THREADS