Installed Windows XP Prof in a Dual PII Machine

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

but Control Panel | System | General | Computer says, "Intel Pentium II processor." I know there is an issue that Windoqws 2003 has trouble seeing a dual PII processor machine. Is this also true with Windows XP Professional? Is there a fix for this?

--
George Hester

G

Click start/run and type in devmgmt.msc
Go to the Processors section and expand it.
How may proccessors are listed?

"George Hester" wrote:

> but Control Panel | System | General | Computer says, "Intel Pentium II processor." I know there is an issue that Windoqws 2003 has trouble seeing a dual PII processor machine. Is this also true with Windows XP Professional? Is there a fix for this?
>
> --
> George Hester
> _______________________________
>
>

G

I was not aware of Windows2003 seeing a dual Pentium. I am on dual Pentium on Win 2003. What you may be talking about is the Prescott Processor. That has a bit of a problem with installation of XP SP2

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"George Hester" <hesterloli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OieEpVzaFHA.3280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
but Control Panel | System | General | Computer says, "Intel Pentium II processor." I know there is an issue that Windoqws 2003 has trouble seeing a dual PII processor machine. Is this also true with Windows XP Professional? Is there a fix for this?

--
George Hester

G

I tried that. That is Device Manager. There is no Processors section. There is a Computer section and under that it says MPS Multiprocessor Machine. But that is not convincing that the system sees both Processors. Where I went originally would have convinced me. And it leaves me wondering.

--
George Hester
> How may proccessors are listed?
>
> "George Hester" wrote:
>
> > but Control Panel | System | General | Computer says, "Intel Pentium II processor." I know there is an issue that Windoqws 2003 has trouble seeing a dual PII processor machine. Is this also true with Windows XP Professional? Is there a fix for this?
> >
> > --
> > George Hester
> > _______________________________
> >
> >

TRENDING THREADS