[SOLVED] Installed wireless drivers, now ethernet won't work

EverythjngBlack

Commendable
May 4, 2017
Recently got a new SSD and ethernet cables as a gift. I was using it daily but my parents don't like it anymore. I installed wireless drivers and now I can't get ethernet to work. I don't think it's being detected because it's nowhere to be seen on network devices. After I fix ethernet, how can I set it up so it has priority over my wireless connection? Thanks.

Solution
Personal desktop: that is okay but do be sure to check the BIOS settings as suggested by @gggplaya.

"Features and functions" tend to creep in and may be applicable when not or least expected.

Log into your home router. Depending on the router's make and model the router may have logs to capture network related events. If so, the logs may need to be enabled.

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Ralston18

Titan
Ensure that your computer has only one network adapter (wired or wireless) enabled.

One or the other not both together.

Who has full admin rights to your home's network router?

You may need assistance from that person to your computer reconnected to the network.

EverythjngBlack

Commendable
May 4, 2017
Ensure that your computer has only one network adapter (wired or wireless) enabled.

One or the other not both together.

Who has full admin rights to your home's network router?

You may need assistance from that person to your computer reconnected to the network.
There's only wireless now when I plugin the ethernet won't show up anymore anywhere in the network devices. I have full admin rights.

Is this on a laptop?? On our HP laptops at work, there is a setting in the bios to enable or disable "LAN switching".
No, this is my personal desktop

Ralston18

Titan
Personal desktop: that is okay but do be sure to check the BIOS settings as suggested by @gggplaya.

"Features and functions" tend to creep in and may be applicable when not or least expected.

Log into your home router. Depending on the router's make and model the router may have logs to capture network related events. If so, the logs may need to be enabled.

Run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Solution