[SOLVED] Installed XFX radeon 590 8gbddr, keeps restarting the whole system without warning

Sep 25, 2019
So 2 days ago i bought myself a rx 590, i havent been able to play any game, it seems like if the card gets pressured it just restarts the pc. I have no clue at all what this could be or what to do, i have read so many threads but none of them have worked. i am using msi afterburner to try and keep the temperature down with maximum fan speed, but it still restarts the pc. i would really appriciate any help from you guys.

Specs:
Rx 590
Ryzen 5 2600
16gb ram
500 W psu (requirements are 500-550 at minimum, so it should be enough)
no freesync monitor
dunno
HELP

Solution
D
it's most likely the psu. not able to handle the load. as stated above, minimum is not what you shoot for, and in the case of poor quality psus a 500 may only be 340W real.
Sep 25, 2019
PSU is proberly pretty old tbh, but the funny thing is yesterday when i tweaked some settings in afterburner i was able to play bf 5 conquest for a couple of hours, and today i am back to square one again

D

Deleted member 14196

it's most likely the psu. not able to handle the load. as stated above, minimum is not what you shoot for, and in the case of poor quality psus a 500 may only be 340W real.

Solution
Sep 25, 2019
Is there a way of testing the PSU or will it just be damaged? i dont know if its worth menioning i switched from nvidia 1060 3 gb to rx 590, i used DDU for uninstalling the nvidia drivers. anything there that could lead to the problem?