installer asking for my crashed hard drive

Jan 6, 2019
Hello all

My hard drive d:\ [strike]crushed[/strike] crashed with all games installed there, now when i download the epic installer for fortnite he keeps asking for the non existing drive stating: "invalid drive d:\" how can i change it to reinstall on the good hard drive, it gives me no options to choose,,,,tried to erase any file related to the game including registry and cache, nothing helps.
Need ideas i'm lost.

Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
Your computer uses C: drive as the main drive with the OS installed and boots accordingly.

Applications and/or games are normally installed on the C: drive but may be installable on other drives.

If your D: drive has failed and/or not longer exists then all future installations must either be reinstalled on C: driver or a new, working D: drive.

When you install any new application there is likely to be a window presented asking for the destination/installation drive.

If that is not happening then the installer may have some preset configuration that must be changed beforehand.

More details will be helpful. For example: What other games are involved, what download sites are you using?

Select either the existing C: drive or another functioning drive per the applicable installation instructions.

Jan 6, 2019

Ralston18

Titan
I just googled "epic games fortnite installer" with results filtered to "Past month".

Found a number of links regarding similar issues.

Do the same and read some of the postings etc. that you find.

You may discover some information or discussions that are directly applicable to the crashes on your system.