installing a cab file

philipnalzaro

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
seems like i cant install this cab file. i have followed the instruction. cmd says "cannot find the file specified"

1. planning to install ASUS system 12/19/2016 1.0.0.6 (seems like 1607 never included this). ** hoping this could be a fix for 1709 upgrade failure.

2. downloaded the file at windows update catalog

3. followed the instructions on how to install cab file. (see pic)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/installing-a-cab-file/8b0140f8-ff43-4e5a-a34a-71c47ca688f0?tm=1516500371592

help pls

Solution
You mean unpack. You get to install an apropriate software (eg. 7-zip) and uses that to unpack. Or most likely Windows 10 offers a way to unpack.
Then it depends on the contents of the .cab file if it is possible to install.
A cab file is nothing more than a compressed file (like zip, rar, 7z, etc) and is not executable in any way for itself. I remembers ages ago I can remembers having seen installers that had cab archives along with an exe file neccesary to do the install procedure.

Uou may be able to extract the cab file and just see if there is an installer file.

philipnalzaro

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

i do appreciate ur response. still it never answered my question. how do i install it

You mean unpack. You get to install an apropriate software (eg. 7-zip) and uses that to unpack. Or most likely Windows 10 offers a way to unpack.
Then it depends on the contents of the .cab file if it is possible to install.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS