Installing a clean windows on my laptop.

dyce95

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
I just received my Lenovo Y50 laptop.

I want to do a clean Windows 8.1 install on it and get rid of all the bloatware and the possible adware that Lenovo apparently installs in its laptops. I want to do it cause it would boost the performance of the laptop and obviously free space, RAM, etc.

Now the problem is getting a copy of Windows 8.1 and the key of my version of Windows.

What can I do to safely install a clean genuine version of Windows 8.1 with the same OEM license that MS provided Lenovo for this laptop? Of course, without all the bloatware and adware.

I know I can contact MS about it but I would have to pay $99 for it and I don't want to pay more for the license that I already have and that's why I am on the internet and on this forum.

In short, reinstall a genuine copy of Windows 8.1 using the same license that I have on it already, without the bloatware and adware.

I can manually update the drivers after its done.

Thanks!

dyce95

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015

I have already uninstalled a few but obviously there's definitely going to be something that's going to stay hidden (like always), so a clean install would be ideal.

dyce95

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015

I ran the Nirsoft Produkey already and I do have the key.

The second link you provided is interesting. Is the Laptop OEM license going to work with it?