[SOLVED] Installing a harddrive

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
Hey all! I'm basically going to be plugging in my SSD first to install Windows on then afterwards plug in my harddrive. I read it was better this way so it didn't accidentally half install on another drive or something.

I was just wondering when I plug in my harddrive afterwards is it as easy as plug and play and it comes up in my computwe or will I have to configure it?

Thank you :)

Solution
Hey all! I'm basically going to be plugging in my SSD first to install Windows on then afterwards plug in my harddrive. I read it was better this way so it didn't accidentally half install on another drive or something.

I was just wondering when I plug in my harddrive afterwards is it as easy as plug and play and it comes up in my computwe or will I have to configure it?

Yes, it's easy indeed, just plug it in but what you do next with it depends if it's new and not formatted or it is formatted and has stuff on it. In any case make sure your SSD is in first place to boot off.

Yes, it's easy indeed, just plug it in but what you do next with it depends if it's new and not formatted or it is formatted and has stuff on it. In any case make sure your SSD is in first place to boot off.

Solution

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020

It's a friends harddrive, it might have stuff on it. If it does can I format it on desktop?