[SOLVED] Installing a HDD on a prebuilt system

Fragaroth

Prominent
Jun 30, 2019
Hello, I've been trying to install a new WD10EADS hard drive on my prebuilt PC. The computer is already fitted with an SSD, but it doesn't have a hard drive bay. I have a spare SATA data cable that I can use for the HDD, but I do not have a spare SATA power cable (it is being used on the existing SSD). I know that I can get them for a relatively cheap price off ebay etc, but how would I add them to my PSU? Would I have to take my power supply apart to connect the SATA power cable to my HDD? Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
you might want to consider a usb sata connector. also there are sata cable splitters on selling sites that plug into the one you have and end with two. (dont know if im allowed to link) for like £6. if you have a dvd drive in there you can unplug that and plug your hdd in to those connectors. if you are looking to upgrade anything else id consider buying a new case. you can get them for like £30

karpule

Great
Dec 23, 2019
you might want to consider a usb sata connector. also there are sata cable splitters on selling sites that plug into the one you have and end with two. (dont know if im allowed to link) for like £6. if you have a dvd drive in there you can unplug that and plug your hdd in to those connectors. if you are looking to upgrade anything else id consider buying a new case. you can get them for like £30

Solution

Fragaroth

Prominent
Jun 30, 2019
Ok, thanks. Would a 4 pin Molex to sata power adapter work aswell?