Installing a higher wattage PSU on my computer machine

debugmode

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015
Is it technically viable to install a higher wattage PSU than the recommended PSU wattage for the motherboard? The maximum wattage required for my machine is 300 W. However i need to install a 600 W PSU along with a new graphics card.
Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
The components inside the system only draw in wattage what they need to run with.
A power supply does not push electricity through the circuits, it just provides up to what or how many devices draw from it depending on what is in the tower or computer case. requiring the electricity, at the value it needs to work at to function.

And by adding a new Graphics card it will require more electrical draw, so you by a 600W so it can be fed right.

The components inside the system only draw in wattage what they need to run with.
A power supply does not push electricity through the circuits, it just provides up to what or how many devices draw from it depending on what is in the tower or computer case. requiring the electricity, at the value it needs to work at to function.

And by adding a new Graphics card it will require more electrical draw, so you by a 600W so it can be fed right.

Solution

debugmode

Reputable
Feb 9, 2015

Thanks bro. That's very helpful. :)