[SOLVED] Installing a hyper 212 rgb on a b450 elite

Jan 9, 2021
Hello everyone, this is kind of a follow up to my last question. I got a hyper 212 evo black edition with a rgb fan and naturally it has 2 cables, one for the cpu_ fan header and a 4 pin rgb cable. My mobo (which is a b450 aorus elite) has a cpu_led header below the cpu socket. Can I plug the rgb cable here or do I it to a rgb header ?

Solution
Thanks for the reply, the mobo is revision 1. My question is that can I plug the rgb cable to the CPU_LED header because it is also a 4 pin. This is what the mobo manual says for that header :

5) LED_CPU (CPU Cooler LED Strip/RGB LED Strip Header) The header can be used to connect a CPU cooler LED strip or a standard 5050 RGB LED strip (12V/G/R/B), with maximum power rating of 2A (12V) and maximum length of 2m.

Connect the CPU cooler LED strip/RGB LED strip to the header. The power pin (marked with a triangle on the plug) of the LED strip must be connected to Pin 1 (12V) of this header. Incorrect connection may lead to the damage of the LED strip.
I tried it and it worked so yeah, problem solved :D

Lutfij

Titan
I can't access the manual that's posted on CoolerMaster's site. You should be able to plug the cable for the fan's RGB to the board since it does state that the cooler is compatible with Gigabyte's RGB Fusion app. Please keep in mind that the pins on the connector correspond to the pins on the board and that you're not using the inline controller for the RGB. The RGB will be controlled by the motherboard.

Also, is your board the V2 or the V1 version?

Jan 9, 2021
I can't access the manual that's posted on CoolerMaster's site. You should be able to plug the cable for the fan's RGB to the board since it does state that the cooler is compatible with Gigabyte's RGB Fusion app. Please keep in mind that the pins on the connector correspond to the pins on the board and that you're not using the inline controller for the RGB. The RGB will be controlled by the motherboard.

Also, is your board the V2 or the V1 version?
Thanks for the reply, the mobo is revision 1. My question is that can I plug the rgb cable to the CPU_LED header because it is also a 4 pin. This is what the mobo manual says for that header :

5) LED_CPU (CPU Cooler LED Strip/RGB LED Strip Header) The header can be used to connect a CPU cooler LED strip or a standard 5050 RGB LED strip (12V/G/R/B), with maximum power rating of 2A (12V) and maximum length of 2m.

Connect the CPU cooler LED strip/RGB LED strip to the header. The power pin (marked with a triangle on the plug) of the LED strip must be connected to Pin 1 (12V) of this header. Incorrect connection may lead to the damage of the LED strip.

Jan 9, 2021

I tried it and it worked so yeah, problem solved :D

Solution