Installing a new OS to install new RAM

scortlewabermop

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
I Have windows 32 bit because I didn't know whether or not my processor supported 64 bit. I just found out that my processor in fact CAN support 64 bit.

My question is: Do I really have to wipe my hard drive to be able to install the new OS? Or is there another way to install it?

Solution
you can create a partition for all the data you dont want to wipe. move all the data over to the partition then do a fresh install of window or you could also if you have 2 hard drives in your build you can just move what you dont want deleted into the hard drive that isnt being formated then take that hard drive out and do a fresh install of window on the one that currently has the 32 bit system in it

LilTwist

Reputable
Mar 28, 2014
you can create a partition for all the data you dont want to wipe. move all the data over to the partition then do a fresh install of window or you could also if you have 2 hard drives in your build you can just move what you dont want deleted into the hard drive that isnt being formated then take that hard drive out and do a fresh install of window on the one that currently has the 32 bit system in it

Solution

scortlewabermop

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

Alright I'll make the partition. Thanks for your help!

scortlewabermop

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

So I would have to reinstall all of my steam games?