Installing a WD Green 2TB Desktop Hard Drive but lost the CD it came with...:(

hhhava

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Hi can anyone please help me find the correct drivers for this HD? I have it installed in my Asus X-99 MB but now I can't find that disk it came with. I'm finding the WD website a bit cryptic in this regard. Does anyone have any advice or links to the right software for this?

Thanks!

Solution
Welcome, @hhhava!

You need to check your motherboard manufacturer's official website for any SATA controller & Chipset driver updates for your mobo's model. If there are any, manually re-install the drivers from there. There are no brand-specific drivers for different SATA HDDs. As you can see from the link that @Mark shared, if you choose Downloads by Product, you will see only the Data LifeGuard Diagnostics utility that monitors the health and SMART status of your WD HDD, and the migrating/cloning utility - Acronis True Image WD Edition. Drivers are hardware-specific for your motherboard. So you should probably check their website.

Keep us posted if you have more questions & let us know how it...
Welcome, @hhhava!

You need to check your motherboard manufacturer's official website for any SATA controller & Chipset driver updates for your mobo's model. If there are any, manually re-install the drivers from there. There are no brand-specific drivers for different SATA HDDs. As you can see from the link that @Mark shared, if you choose Downloads by Product, you will see only the Data LifeGuard Diagnostics utility that monitors the health and SMART status of your WD HDD, and the migrating/cloning utility - Acronis True Image WD Edition. Drivers are hardware-specific for your motherboard. So you should probably check their website.

Keep us posted if you have more questions & let us know how it goes! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS