Question Installing an MSI K9N6PGM2-V into a windows xp machine

jacobmacheca411

Honorable
Jan 3, 2019
As the title implies, I'm attempting to switch out the motherboard of a windows xp machine to an msi k9n6pgm2-v motherboard, but I don't have the installation disc, and the machine doesn't have acess to the internet, as it only has service pack 2. Will I need the installation disc to install the drivers, or will they just be on the motherboard? If I do need the disc, I haven't been able to find one on ebay, so I may have to burn the drivers onto a disc.

drivers do not come stored within a motherboard.
they will need to be installed into the OS after the system is completed.

it's possible that this ancient setup can run fine on MS default drivers, but you may suffer some performance issues and from lack of features.

you're online now, so download any available and add them to a USB flash drive or other storage media to access later.

jacobmacheca411

Honorable
Jan 3, 2019
drivers do not come stored within a motherboard.
they will need to be installed into the OS after the system is completed.

it's possible that this ancient setup can run fine on MS default drivers, but you may suffer some performance issues and from lack of features.

you're online now, so download any available and add them to a USB flash drive or other storage media to access later.
Noted, thanks a bunch! I got the drivers on a 2.0 flash, so hopefully it works (the pc and motherboard have 2.0 headers).