Installing BIOS Problem after changing OS

Philhen1943

Honorable
Oct 4, 2016
Desktop PC (self-made) which was running on Win 7. I upgraded to Win 7 Pro and everything went wrong. Windows disappeared, I have no idea what I did wrong. Now, I have re-formatted the HDD holding the OS, and tried to re-install Windows. I can get the BIOS to ensure that the machine boots from the DVD CD and it appears to load it. I get as far as the choice between Custom and Re-Install where it asks for the Drivers (I have none that I am aware of). Another re-format and round in the same circle. The disks I am using are the original Windows 7 disks in the green box, and an ISO downloaded.
Can anyone out there help me re-install Windows 7 (preferably Pro edition).

Regards to everyone,
Philhen

Philhen1943

Honorable
Oct 4, 2016
Windows Pro came from an outlet on Ebay which I have every cause to believe is genuine (a reseller of scrap machines).
The PC is a self-made one, with an Intel 3.40 GHz Core i-7 (3770), 64-bit ready, Multi-Core (4) Hyper-threaded (8 total) in an ASUS P8H61-MPro Rev 1, Bus Clock 100 MHz with an American Megatrends Inc BIOS ver 4802 (latest, I understand). Uses 6 HDD (various, but at present, all bar one disconnected). The only connected HDD is a Western Digital 300GB velociraptor purchased especially to house just the OS and essential add-ons. Memory comes in two identical 8192MB modules (serial number 9330983B0 believed to be Kingston). Controllers - Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 2 port Serial ATA, Storage Controller - 1C08 and 1C00. Bus Adapters are Asmedia 106x SATA Controller, Asmedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller, an Intel 6 series/C200 Series Chipset Family Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26. Graphics provide by a Sapphire HD5870 Eyefinity 6 for 3 screens (24" BENQ).
I think that's everything.

Regards and thanks for the interest.
Philhen

PS The Windows 7 from the green box does not install either, so I am assuming that both copies are genuine.

Your motherboard has 2 sata controllers.
Sata controller built into H61 chipset should not require special driver, when installing windows.
But if your drive is connected to ASMedia ASM1061 controller (2 ports navy blue color), then you have to load storage drivers during installation.
You can download them from Asus support site (windows 7 downloads, sata section).
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

Philhen1943

Honorable
Oct 4, 2016

It came from an outlet on Ebay. I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the seller, but I know mistakes can be made. Thanks for the interest and taking the time to reply.

Regards,

Philhen