Installing Blue LED fans in NZXT M59 Case Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecolombianjesus

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
So this is my very first build, and for the case I am going to be using the NZXT M59 case. It's a very nice case for under $60 and has everything I want and need. I just have a couple questions:

1) I want to install 4 Blue LED fans in the case (1 in the front, 1 rear, and 2 on the top). The fan I will be using is the Enermax 120mm Blue LED fan: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835214029
Will there be sufficient space for all the fans? I'm more concerned for the top fans, because I will be using a Hyper 212 EVO. I can't install a 140mm fan in this case right?

2) If I would want to upgrade to a water cooling system such as the Corsair H60 in the future would I be able to do that with this case?

I would really appreciate your responses! Thanks in advance guys! :)

PC Specs:
Intel i5 3570k CPU
Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Motherboard
G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB HDD
MSI GeForce GTX 660 TI PE OC
Seasonic M12II 620w PSU
ASUS DVD/CD Writer

Solution
I used this case for my first build too. What you are trying to do will work ALMOST flawlessly. there is holes to install 2 140mm fans on the top but you really cant because if you have the disc drive on the top it blocks the 120mm holes and the 140mm holes. i fixed this by removing the disc drive cove NZXT has at the top but and pulling my drive flush with the front of the case. but you then still cannot install 2 140mm fans becasue the disc drive STILL is in the way. you could just move the drive lower to another slot but it just doesnt look right down there. So i then purchased 1 140mm and acouple 120mm fans and installed them but i have them sucking dustless air from above and out the front. i also fitted a 120mm fan in the extra 3...

zkelley1220

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2012
I used this case for my first build too. What you are trying to do will work ALMOST flawlessly. there is holes to install 2 140mm fans on the top but you really cant because if you have the disc drive on the top it blocks the 120mm holes and the 140mm holes. i fixed this by removing the disc drive cove NZXT has at the top but and pulling my drive flush with the front of the case. but you then still cannot install 2 140mm fans becasue the disc drive STILL is in the way. you could just move the drive lower to another slot but it just doesnt look right down there. So i then purchased 1 140mm and acouple 120mm fans and installed them but i have them sucking dustless air from above and out the front. i also fitted a 120mm fan in the extra 3 drive bays i had left under my optical drive. and sense air is blowing out the front you can remove the foam mesh sitting behind the aluminium mesh for better airflow.

If you want to install a water cooling system, you will end up having to install the radiator above the case with the fans inside or vice-versa. there are pre-grometted wholes on the back for water tubes if you descide on installing it on top of the case.t

Solution

thecolombianjesus

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Ohh okay! Thank you very much! This helped a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.