Question Installing different CPU in PC

IrishNightSlayer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2021
Hello! I have a pc that has a Dell OKRC95 (Version A02) Motherboard and a Intel Core i5-3470 3.20 GHz processor in it. I was wanting to put a Intel Core i5-4590 3.30 GHz processor in it but am not sure if the 4590 is compatible with my Motherboard? I also have an RX 580 Series GPU (Not sure if it is needed but just wanted to give extra info). I would really appreciate it if I could get an answer. Thanks!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There isn't all that much different in performance between those two i5s. What you will notice more with, especially in games that work well with more threads which is pretty much most games, is the 3770 as said above. Even if it were possible to install that 4th gen i5, id still choose 3770.

IrishNightSlayer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2021
Yea, I started thinking about how there wouldn't be that big of a difference. But with all of those spec's, my Terraria game runs at 15-25 FPS modded and so I wanted to get a new CPU to see if it would fix it. (I can play Ark and Conan modded with 60+ FPS until a few days ago, then all my games started lagging a lot)