Installing drivers getting D-Sub out of range error

evildevil242

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
I just started my pc and the resolution was1024 x 760(not 1920x1080) and when I changed it to the max option(1600x1200) I got D-sub out of rang error 75,1khz/60Hz .I uninstalled the drivers with DDU and when I installed the new ones(Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-18.5.2-Win10-64Bit-May31) on installation my screen froze with the message "D-sub out of rang error 75,1khz/60Hz" ,I have tried installing and reinstalling the drivers in safe mode but every time on installation I got black screen with this message.In safe mode AMD software gives me this error : Error 99 -AMD Installer cannot continue because the driver being installed has not been digitally signed

I also found this log during the installation :

There does not exist an INF file in the driver store that corresponds to the INF file specified by DriverPackageInfPath

Videocard-amd Radeon r9 270 2GB
Monitor : LG (1920 x1080)

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52).
This error occurs when the driver is corrupted. I suggest you to go to the device manager and update the display drivers and check. If not go the manufacturer website and install the latest drivers, if that doesn’t help install the legacy drivers and check if the issue persists.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/d-sub-out-of-range-and-display-adapter-drivers/327fd68b-951d-458d-a0c6-f573353da64d

Error 99 -AMD Installer cannot continue because the driver being installed has not been digitally signed

quote one alludes to a broken driver somewhere, 2nd quote is saying win 10 won't allow you to install that driver as its not digitally signed for win 10 yet.

where had you got the drivers you 1st uninstalled? Have you tried running windows update after DDU? Perhaps the drivers windows 10 has there won't cause this error.