Installing drivers on a separate hard drive (system is dual booted)

Improbablyanidiot

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015
I'm running a Dual boot Win 10/7 configuration, my 7 only has 38gb's of space on the partition, can I install the drivers for my motherboard on a separate hard drive and it not conflict with 10?

10 is my main OS, I'm using 7 for a job that I work from home.

I have 2SSD's and 2 hard drives, and would like to know if I can do this without having to format and move the OS's to another drive.

I think this is enough information, and I apologize if it isn't, I will provide what is asked for.

Solution
Just install the win 7 drivers in the drive where you installed win7 partition and win 10 drivers in win10 partition so that they won't conflict each other

Improbablyanidiot

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015
Will they conflict with 10 at all, that's my biggest problem. Since 10 already has the drivers detected, it shouldn't try and use the drivers i'm using for 7 and conflict correct?

edit - Sorry that was not a good way to ask my question. When I'm booted into 10, since my three other hard drives are usable and detected, will it detect the drivers I have installed on one of those three for 7 and try and use them causing the drivers to conflict?

I feel like I should know this, but as my user name suggests, I'm probably an idiot.

TRENDING THREADS