Installing GTX970 Asus Strix

Kahlypso

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
Hi. I installed a GTX970Asus Strix into my computer this weekend and it does not work. I have a Corsair 850 PSU on a P9x79 deluxe MoBO with i7 3930k and 16gb Ram. I believe that I have the necessary wattage. I have a PCIe 6+2 alimentation cable, it slots in, I get 1 white LED lit up (do I need 2 LED lights to light up?) When I start up the computer, the red GPU LED stays lit up and the Boot right LED lights up as well (if I remember correctly, the error code on the MOBO stays stuck on 62 as well) What have I done wrong and what do you believe I need to do? I have not connected a PCI cable through the module cables, as there is already the PCIe cables available so I think that there is enough power.. (there is only 1 8pin PCI power inlet on the card itelf) Many thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
Yes, you need to plug in all the PCIE cables on the GPU. The ASUS Strix 970 should only need one 8 pcie.

You need to refer to the manual to find out the error code.

Are you sure it is error 62 or b2?

Make sure the monitor is connected to the graphic card.
Unplug any usb devices and test if you can boot up.
Yes, you need to plug in all the PCIE cables on the GPU. The ASUS Strix 970 should only need one 8 pcie.

You need to refer to the manual to find out the error code.

Are you sure it is error 62 or b2?

Make sure the monitor is connected to the graphic card.
Unplug any usb devices and test if you can boot up.

Solution

Kahlypso

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
Hi Suztera. I see you're answering a lot of these GTX970 threads. Thanks for your input.
The card is getting power, the LED on the card next to the input lights up. In any case I cant find the box that it came in.. I'm going to turn the house upside down tonight. in order to find the cable PCIe 8 pin to 8 pin..
Its definatly 62 and the boot LED comes on with the GTX970 in, which it doesnt do when I put the GTX680 back in that I have.
I connect the screen up with the HDMI cable, I do not believe that it is causing the problem (could it?)
I think I may have to update the MB BIOS as it appears.. to be a boot up problem.
Thanks again for your help.