Installing lan driver using USB

Bryant9636

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Just finish installing windows7 using a special patcher provided by ASROCK since im using a skylake i5 cpu on H110 hds motherboard.
I have put the lan driver to my USB drive and when i plug my USB drive into any of the USB slot, the USB drive doesn't show up, it cannot be found on disk management or device manager. However, when the usb for wireless mouse and keyboard is plugged into the computer, the keyboard and mouse can function normally.
What should I do to make windows realise that there is a usb drive plugged into the computer? Are there alternative ways to install a lan driver and the rest of the driver without using a usb drive? (I dont have a optical disc driver).

Solution

If all else fails, remove your HDD and hook it up to another computer (a friend's perhaps). Plug the USB drive in too and copy the LAN driver to your HDD. Then move the HDD back to your computer and install the LAN driver from the copied installation files.

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008

If all else fails, remove your HDD and hook it up to another computer (a friend's perhaps). Plug the USB drive in too and copy the LAN driver to your HDD. Then move the HDD back to your computer and install the LAN driver from the copied installation files.

Solution

Bryant9636

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

Yes it works, thank you.
USB port not working because there is no driver, once the lan driver is installed, I can install other drivers and now everything works