Installing Momentus XT

rinkzelo

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Hello,
I currently own an HP dv6t quad edition and have been trying to upgrade my hard drive to a momentus XT 500gb drive to no avail. My computer recognizes there is a hard drive connected but I am unable to to see the drive or write any information to it. Thus I have not been able to transfer my image file of windows to turn it into a bootable drive. I have tried using a dock, external case, and manually installed it into the computer, every time delivers the same results, the computer recognizes the drive exists but cannot access it in any way. I've also tried to auto detect the drive using the BIOS only to find that the bios for this computer (insydeH20) does not have that sort of feature to manually recognize hardware. What can I do?

ultralight

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
I have the EXACT same problem. Did a search on the web and many ask but I've not found an asnwer yet. So is this a systemic Momentus XT problem?

MTMT

ripthesummer

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I am in the same boat. My win7 hp recognizes the seagate momentus hybrid ssd hard drive in device manager and the drivers are up to date but I can't see it in my computer.

*Did anyone figure this out yet?

TRENDING THREADS