[SOLVED] Installing MX500 SSD on a laptop motherboard

stan10

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Hey guys, what's the name of the wire used to connect the MX500 SSD to a laptop motherboard. I look up SATA cable but a bunch of different wires keep popping up.

Solution
Many (I'd say most) laptops have but one slot for a 2.5" HDD/SSD (newer ones might have room/provisions for an M.2 NVME/SATA port and a 2.5" SATA device, with the other sole SATA port occupied by a slimline DVD/BLueRay player/burner...

You'll know pretty quickly if there is room for mounting another 2.5" device in it, as that's a large area of blank space, and, the SATA power/data connectors will already be there waiting for the device to be slid into it and mounted.
D

Deleted member 14196

look up that procedure on youtube for you model, i bet you will see a teardown on how to do it properly

Many (I'd say most) laptops have but one slot for a 2.5" HDD/SSD (newer ones might have room/provisions for an M.2 NVME/SATA port and a 2.5" SATA device, with the other sole SATA port occupied by a slimline DVD/BLueRay player/burner...

You'll know pretty quickly if there is room for mounting another 2.5" device in it, as that's a large area of blank space, and, the SATA power/data connectors will already be there waiting for the device to be slid into it and mounted.

Solution