[SOLVED] Installing my friend's hardrive on my PC, is it safe?

Ryann Jeff

Reputable
Aug 3, 2019
My friend has a 1tb HDD, and he wants me to put it on my PC to download some games, since they don't have an Internet connection at the moment. Is it recommendable? It currently has a windows 10 installed and some games so i want to know if it will boot if i use it on mine.

Solution
My friend has a 1tb HDD, and he wants me to put it on my PC to download some games, since they don't have an Internet connection at the moment. Is it recommendable? It currently has a windows 10 installed and some games so i want to know if it will boot if i use it on mine.
You can put the HDD on your PC. But don't use the windows on the HDD, since different spec/platform will cause error and BSOD. Boot your own windows, download the game and copy it to your friends HDD.
You can put the HDD on your PC. But don't use the windows on the HDD, since different spec/platform will cause error and BSOD. Boot your own windows, download the game and copy it to your friends HDD.

Solution