installing my r9 270 ati

TMBlair

Honorable
Feb 9, 2015
how do i connect the monitor ? do i connect the hdmi into monitor ??? there is no vga on gpu.
does crossfire make it twice as powerful ?

Solution

If your monitor has DVI-D or DVI-I or HDMI connectors then you use that. But if not then the Above post is correct you will need a adapter. As well regarding crossfire, it depends if your motherboards has that capability, but crossfiring 270's are a waste I would just buy a 280/280x/290.

hobobob

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014
If your monitor has an HDMI in, I suggest using that. If your monitor has only a VGA in cable, you should purchase a DVI to VGA adapter. Like this: newegg.com
If you were to crossfire with a second 270, your performance increase would differ between games. Sometimes the fps increase may be small, sometimes it would be very large. However, it will never quite reach 2x the fps.

If your monitor has DVI-D or DVI-I or HDMI connectors then you use that. But if not then the Above post is correct you will need a adapter. As well regarding crossfire, it depends if your motherboards has that capability, but crossfiring 270's are a waste I would just buy a 280/280x/290.

Solution

TMBlair

Honorable
Feb 9, 2015

yeah all good thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts