[SOLVED] Installing new Drivers

May 12, 2020
So i just installed a new 2080 TI but i think i messed up? So i had a gigabyte 2070 super before for context, so i installed this new card, and didnt uninstall the old drivers, and when i installed the new drivers i just chose express install, i basically follow the instructions booklet that came with the card. Also i have only had this PC for around 10 days or so 14 max so everything is fairly new.

My 1st question is did i screw up? am i ok? Everything seems fine except Greedfall crashes whenever i try to set it to 4k for some reason idk why....could that be a cause or am i just paranoid? My 2nd question is could i re-install the drivers and do custom installion and select clean install without any issues? Or can i use DDU uninstaller and then install the new drivers with this new card installed?

Solution
Use DDU to remove all trace of existing Nvidia drivers, then install 2080 drivers as you would normally.

You will still get a signal to the monitor after drivers have been removed because manufacturer's drivers aren't required just to get a signal --- Windows temporarily loads it's built-in basic default driver --- screen will look odd until you install proper drivers but that's normal.
Use DDU to remove all trace of existing Nvidia drivers, then install 2080 drivers as you would normally.

You will still get a signal to the monitor after drivers have been removed because manufacturer's drivers aren't required just to get a signal --- Windows temporarily loads it's built-in basic default driver --- screen will look odd until you install proper drivers but that's normal.

Solution
May 12, 2020

Ok awesome so even tho ive installed the new drivers already (as i mentioned in my original comment, the "wrong" way without removing the old drivers) i can act as tho i havent, run DDU, and then install the new drivers? I just wanna do this to be on the safe side you know?