Installing new gpu

Csmith339

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
I just bought the evga gtx 750 ti to replace my gt 720 i was wondering how do i replace the new gpu with the old one? I dont want to mess something up and break something.
What are the basic steps i have to do ?

Solution

First of all, I believe it would be a good idea to uninstall the drivers of your GT 720 to remove the posibility of conflicting drivers.
2) Power down your system and unplug it from the wall
3) Open of the side panel of your case (left side when facing front of case)
4) Unplug your graphics card if it uses a cable (PCI power)
5) Remove your GT 720 by detaching the little locking mechanism on your motherboard(usually underneath or near the graphics card)
6) The graphics card could also be screwed in the back of the case...

TheDualshock

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

First of all, I believe it would be a good idea to uninstall the drivers of your GT 720 to remove the posibility of conflicting drivers.
2) Power down your system and unplug it from the wall
3) Open of the side panel of your case (left side when facing front of case)
4) Unplug your graphics card if it uses a cable (PCI power)
5) Remove your GT 720 by detaching the little locking mechanism on your motherboard(usually underneath or near the graphics card)
6) The graphics card could also be screwed in the back of the case, just use a screwdriver if it is
7) Once it's out, put the new one in your PCIe slot and push in until it clicks, screw it in (on the back if needed) then plug the card to the power supply with a PCI power 6Pin (usually attached to the power supply and if your card has one)
8) Plug everything back and boot up your Windows
9) Download the latest drivers from Nvidia's website and your good to go :)

Solution

aaronwayne

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014

Before doing all this, uninstall your current video cards drivers

LOL.
Look at the first sentence.
"First of all, I believe it would be a good idea to uninstall the drivers of your GT 720 to remove the posibility of conflicting drivers." ;)