[SOLVED] Installing new mobo and and looks like it doesnt get any power

rexop5

Reputable
Dec 6, 2018
So as title says i installed new mobo in my system but i get no power on mobo whatsoever,i tried reputting the 24 pin several times but nothing.

What could i have done wrong?Could i possible burn the mobo?

New mobo is this
MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max
The only light i get up is a red button next to power-reset buttons on the PC case

Solution
I know all this that you mentioned,the thing is it looks like my mobo doesnt get any power at all

Your motherboard requires the 24 pin ATX and 8 pin CPU power cables from your PSU.

After that verify that you have the case power and reset button cables hooked up correctly to the motherboard headers. Page 12 of your manual https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/M7A38v8.0.pdf

Make sure you have your RAM sticks installed in the A2 slot if its a single stick of RAM, or the A2 and B2 if you have 2 sticks.

rexop5

Reputable
Dec 6, 2018
Ryzen 3 1200
Rx 570 8gb
Corsair VS 550
g.skill 16 GB

Its my first time trying to install a new mobo,is there a chance that i could burn my mobo if i put wrong the power-reset buttons in the wrong pins?

How do i know if my mobo is dead?Maybe put it out of the box and try to see if it powers up?
System was working fine before i changed mobo

Ryzen 3 1200
Rx 570 8gb
Corsair VS 550
g.skill 16 GB

Its my first time trying to install a new mobo,is there a chance that i could burn my mobo if i put wrong the power-reset buttons in the wrong pins?

How do i know if my mobo is dead?Maybe put it out of the box and try to see if it powers up?
System was working fine before i changed mobo

You have to have the CPU installed for the mobo to even turn on. And even there you will need you graphics card installed to get any kind of pictures since the Ryzen 1200 doesnt have integrated graphics.

My suggestion fully build the computer then trouble shoot if you have issues. Also be sure you plug your monitor into the graphics card video output and not the motherbaords.

Reactions: rexop5
I know all this that you mentioned,the thing is it looks like my mobo doesnt get any power at all

Your motherboard requires the 24 pin ATX and 8 pin CPU power cables from your PSU.

After that verify that you have the case power and reset button cables hooked up correctly to the motherboard headers. Page 12 of your manual https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/M7A38v8.0.pdf

Make sure you have your RAM sticks installed in the A2 slot if its a single stick of RAM, or the A2 and B2 if you have 2 sticks.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS