installing new ram need a little help/advice

Jun 21, 2018
So my current pc has already got installed 8gb DDR4 ram 3200Mhz but my motherboard limits it to 2133mhz
Motherboard = B150M pro gaming motherboard
i tried installing another 8gb today same ram and i get a problem once the ram is installed the USB ports and my HDMI port on my Graphics card does not get any power is there any way around this apart from downgrading ram?

I guess you mean that actually you get NO post at all by claiming it does not get power on USB and HDMI? Does the onboard graphics work? (if any?) Is there a beep speaker to note down any beep errors? Does the mobo flash warning lights (eg ram, cpu)?
First try to boot with your old ram, go into bios and reset to default settings. Then try to install the second ram in the correct slot (!) and see if it boots. Review your manual, it may prompt you to use certain slots for dual kit. (some use the 2nd and 4th slot)
If no post still, place your new ram to the slot where your old ram works. You ll have to see if the ram is defective or there is something else going on.

Jun 21, 2018

i have the new ram in its working fine i was told my ram is too powerful for my mother board is ram being to powerful for a mother board even a thing?

Jun 21, 2018

it should still work though because my motherboard is limiting it to 2133mhz?
i found out what also could be the problem aswell is that one of the sticks of ram is defective i have one of the sticks in my pc just now and its fine
ordered a replacement will update if it works with dual channel