Installing new SSD, need help

xxironstealxx

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Right now my hard drive is windows 10. I am going to buy a 500gb SSD card but I only have the windows 8.1 x64 English disk to install the windows onto the SSD. So my question is how am I going to make this work and how am I going to update the SSD driver to windows 10? I don't have much knowledge on computers so simpler forms would help me. Thanks

Solution
with windows 10 now you have a digital key now. it linked to your hardware and your microsoft logon name. if windows go south now microsoft now gives out for free windows 10 iso tool it called windows media creation tool. use an 8g usb stick to make a bootable usb iso stick.
after you make the stick it easy to install windows 10 back on to the ssd or hard drive. you want to power the pc off unplug the hard drive so you dont lose any of your data. plug in just the ssd. power up and boot off the usb stick. when it ask if you have a windows key click skip. let windows 10 install itself. when it boots and you log into windows. check for any missing drivers. if there are none look under settings/update...look at the activation tab. if your...
with windows 10 now you have a digital key now. it linked to your hardware and your microsoft logon name. if windows go south now microsoft now gives out for free windows 10 iso tool it called windows media creation tool. use an 8g usb stick to make a bootable usb iso stick.
after you make the stick it easy to install windows 10 back on to the ssd or hard drive. you want to power the pc off unplug the hard drive so you dont lose any of your data. plug in just the ssd. power up and boot off the usb stick. when it ask if you have a windows key click skip. let windows 10 install itself. when it boots and you log into windows. check for any missing drivers. if there are none look under settings/update...look at the activation tab. if your windows key was pulled in it say it activated. after that let windows update itself and then power down and plug the hard drive in. then move any data you want then use the old drive as a storage drive.

Solution