installing pci card onto connectors

I'm having trouble (computer idiot) installing pci card. I took out filler
bracket, now can't get new card in properly. Don't understand when end of
card bracket is supposed to go (inside/outside/is there a slot)? Help

How to install PCI cards on your computer's motherboard
http://www.build-your-own-computer-tips.com/install-pci-cards.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Jewel" wrote:

| I'm having trouble (computer idiot) installing pci card. I took out filler
| bracket, now can't get new card in properly. Don't understand when end of
| card bracket is supposed to go (inside/outside/is there a slot)? Help

Jewel,

You're having this problem because you're an idiot. Did
you think to note how the bracket you removed was mounted?
Are there other cards installed? How are they mounted?
You don't understand *when* the bracket is supposed to
go?? Or did you mean *where*?

The 'filler bracket' holds a card in a long slot, yes?.. and the card under
the filler bracket has slots on it, yes?..