Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I have a dell dimension 4400 and have just purchased some ram for it. I just wondered how i would go about installing it is it a simple matter of plug and play or do i have to do anything else?

Cheers

Hi Chris,

Ram is cosidered a plug n play item. no setup required.
You just open the unit and install into a free slot .
Do be very carefull inside the computer and make sure you
have touched the metal case before you touch the ram and
touch the ram at the edges only

Rob

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I always wear rubber gloves when going inside my computer to stop my doin any damage.

Cheers sounds a doddle

"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

> [...]

One important note, RAM is not what you would call Plug and Play. You
can't just plug it in while the computer is running. You will most
likely cause damage to something by doing this. There is no driver or
configuration required, but the computer must be turned off when you do
this.

Nathan McNulty

chris wrote:
> I always wear rubber gloves when going inside my computer to stop my doin any damage.
>
> Cheers sounds a doddle
>
> "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If you are referring to static protection, rubber gloves won't help unless
you are grounded which is what the need to touch the metal chassis is about.
You do need the correct type of gloves any old rubber doesn't do any good.

Neil
"chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I always wear rubber gloves when going inside my computer to stop my doin
any damage.

> Cheers sounds a doddle
>
> "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote:

www.dell.com - go the "help and support" - there is a link for system
documentation - from there pick your model and either open/download -
inside you'll find instructions on how to remove/install RAM amongst
other things.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service