installing recovery console on xp sp2 installed

hey i hav installed xpsp2 on my system is it possible to install recovery
console without disturbing my current xp setting.

deeps wrote:
> hey i hav installed xpsp2 on my system is it possible to install
> recovery console without disturbing my current xp setting.

I guess you shouldn't since you have no idea what it is..

When Windows cannot boot from the hard drive, you will need some alternate
method of getting the computer into a usable state, even if only to a DOS or
a command prompt. For Windows versions previous to Windows XP, boot floppies
(95, 98, and Me) or Emergency Repair Disks (NT and 2000) were used. In
Windows XP, however, you can boot from the Windows XP installation CD and go
to the Recovery Console.

1. Insert the Windows XP installation CD and restart your computer.

2. When prompted, press r to enter the Windows Recovery Console.

3. Select the Windows installation that you want, and when prompted, enter
the administrator password. In most cases, there will be only one Windows
installation to choose from.

You will now be at a command prompt. For a list of commands available, enter
help at the prompt.

For more information on using the Recovery Console, see article 307654 in
Microsoft's knowledge base.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654

--
Shenan Stanley