TomDyer

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
I have this:
Brand
iBUYPOWER
ARC Series NE621FX
Processor
AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz (Max Turbo frequency 4.1GHz)
64 bit Six-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor
6MB L2 Cache
Memory
8GB DDR3 1600
Hard Drive
1TB SATA II 7200RPM
Optical Drive 1
24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 7730 1GB
Power Supply
300W
Operating System
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
Special Features
ARC 647 GAMING CHASSIS

I want to put this in it:
Gigabyte - Ultra Durable 2 Radeon R7 260x Graphic Card - 1188 MHz Core - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI Express 3.0 x16

How exactly do I do that. I got this computer for my kid for christmas. He wants to

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Short answer is you pull of a side panel, you will see the current graphics card there with power connectors. First make sure you have the required connectors for the new card then you would remove the old card and connect the new one. I had plenty of luck replacing AMD cards and using the installed for the new drivers to remove the old ones. So once you get all of the connections in place you would start up the PC and install the drivers it shoukld prompt you to remove the old drivers just say yes. It is actualy very easy to change a graphics card. Once you look at it you will see what I mean. A small clip retains the card onto the MOBO and you have one power connector here so its as simple as unconnect power undow MOBO clip and then new card goes in reverse.

TomDyer

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Thanks for your answer. I was going to install this as a second graphics card. He want to run two monitors. Is the process the same? I haven't opened the case yet. So I don't now if this one just plugs in. I also understand that I have to run crossfire? I just don't understand the details. I don't get how the cards will interact. Do the boost each other or just run on their own. Sorry very noob. I thought I would ask first before I open the case and realize I don't have what I need.

TRENDING THREADS