[SOLVED] Installing second M.2 Drive on my pc

Dec 2, 2019
Hi,

I installed a Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe 500GB drive on my first slot on my MSI MPG Z390 Pro Gaming Carbon motherboard. My Windows 10 Pro is installed on M.2 slot 2 Samsung 860 EVO SATA 500GB drive. For some reason, it does not show up in Windows and the Bios. Windows 10 Pro is UEFI installed and enabled in Bios.

I have nothing to think off what could be wrong. I am seeing YouTube tutorials where the all other drives are removed, the new one is installed with a clean windows.

I want this drive for my games as it seems to be loading quite a bit faster.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 2, 2019
Can you show screenshot from Disk Management?

Nb7g5NF.png

Dec 2, 2019
Check BIOS.
It may be necessary to change M.2 slot mode (where 970 evo is installed) from SATA to PCIE.

This is the only thing I have not check as far as I know. However, I am not able to find this option in the MSI Bios. Can't find instructions on this in the manual as well as on internet.

Dec 2, 2019
For some reason, when i wanted to check what my bios looked like when you asked, the drive showed up. The drive was installed for about 4 hours in the computer and did not change any bios and windows settings in the last 45 minutes or so. It just popped up suddenly, and how this is possible is beyond me.

Case Closed i guess.. Thanks for the help!!