Installing software which requires a previous windows edit..

KJ

I would like to install computer software onto my windows XP computer,
however the software requires either windows 95 or windows 98 to run. Is
there any way in which these would work on windows XP? If so, how would i do
it? Thankyou for your time!

In news:84D2D935-AC23-467B-8C48-139697997B7A@microsoft.com,
kj <kj@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> I would like to install computer software onto my windows XP
> computer,
> however the software requires either windows 95 or windows 98
> to run.
> Is there any way in which these would work on windows XP? If
> so, how
> would i do it?

The first step is just to install it normally and try it. Despite
what it says, it may work fine (for example, the requirement may
have been written before WIndows XP existed, so it couldn't say
that it would work under XP).

If it doesn't work, write back telling us the names and version
numbers of the programs, and exactly what happened when you
tried, including the exact verbatim text of any error messages
you get.

Although some older programs can not be made to run under Windows
XP, most can.

Please reply to the newsgroup

You may be able to solve this by running the program in compatability mode -
See:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292533

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP