[SOLVED] Installing ssd broke my directories

Oct 22, 2019
Hi, I recently installed an nvme drive and did a clean windows install on it. I still have windows on my old hard drive but the program files are there so now i can't open any programs from there help, thanks. When I try to open programs it said the directory is missing. Is it possible to have 2 program files running at the same time

Solution
You cannot fresh install Windows to a new NVME drive, and yet still hope to open/run installed applications from the old drive.

You can freshly install the applications to the new NVME, or, to a freshly quick formatted SSD, assuming you have anything you need off of it and backed up elsewhere,..

If both drives were NVME, you might be able to get away with cloning from the old to the new (sparing reinstallation of applications) if you have two M.2-NVME slots)
You cannot fresh install Windows to a new NVME drive, and yet still hope to open/run installed applications from the old drive.

You can freshly install the applications to the new NVME, or, to a freshly quick formatted SSD, assuming you have anything you need off of it and backed up elsewhere,..

If both drives were NVME, you might be able to get away with cloning from the old to the new (sparing reinstallation of applications) if you have two M.2-NVME slots)

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Hi, I recently installed an nvme drive and did a clean windows install on it. I still have windows on my old hard drive but the program files are there so now i can't open any programs from there help, thanks. When I try to open programs it said the directory is missing. Is it possible to have 2 program files running at the same time
It didn't "break" anything. This is what happens.

The new install knows nothing about the old applications and locations on that other drive.